Are you between 16 and 22 years old and live in Preševo, Bujanovac, Medvedja, Sjenica, Tutin, Novi Pazar and near? Do you want to improve your knowledge about cultures and nationalities of citizens you live with? Are you interested in what interculturalism is and what we can do together to build intercultural societies in the environments in which we live? If the answer to the previous questions is YES, then this program is the right opportunity for you!
The National Youth Council of Serbia invites you to apply for the training and participation in the campaign “InterCOOLtural future” which is being implemented with the support of the OSCE Mission to Serbia.
This program will give you the opportunity to:
- Understand the meaning and importance of interculturalism and its distinction from multiculturalism.
- Acquire intercultural education, and thus the competencies and self-confidence to see other cultures in our country as an opportunity for learning, and not as a threat.
- Accept and cooperate with people of other races, religions and nationalities in defining common local goals and programs for youth.
- Acquire leadership skills based on connectedness and interpenetration of cultures, instead of ruling by creating fear of “others” and “those who are different”
- To present your culture to your peers, but also to learn about the cultures of your peers and see what you have in common.
- Acquire basic knowledge in the development of contemporary media campaigns.
- Participate in guerrilla actions and the campaign for the promotion of interculturalism, which will be conducted by the National Youth Council of Serbia.
The training will be held in-person, from 10 to 12 September 2021 in Vrnjačka Banja, with respect of all anti-COVID measures
Candidates can apply for the program by filling out the application form. The application deadline is 26 August at 11:59 p.m.
For more information about the selection process and the Program itself, you can contact the program assistant Filip Vulović at email@example.com or by calling 060 322 71 03 on working days from 9 am to 5 pm.
The training and campaign are part of the project “Support to civil society organizations for promotion of inter-culturalism among youth from different ethnic backgrounds” implemented by the National youth council of Serbia with the support of the OSCE Mission to Serbia.